The Ultimate Fishing Adventure!
Fish all day, then refresh, have dinner and get set for the awesome night fishing. We anchor for the night in a deserted shallow reef lagoon targeting hard fighting spangled and red throat emperor – exhilarating action on light tackle! Or we can anchor in deep water (conditions permitting) to chase red emperor and nannygai. Take in a majestic sunrise and get set for another full day of sport, game and reef fishing.
For 3+ days we can venture to the outer shoals and Continental Shelf. The Continental Shelf is approx 80 nautical miles from the mainland of Airlie Beach. This remoteness provides grounds that are rarely fished, and the species list is endless! From dogtooth and yellowfin tuna, marlin, sailfish, dolphin fish (mahi mahi), wahoo, spanish mackerel, huge king barracuda and a healthy population of GT’s. This fishing is all done with heavy tackle gear.
Our vessel ‘Reel Easy’ is perfect for small groups to fish and live aboard on the Great Barrier Reef, comfortably sleeping 4 guests + 2 crew. She can carry enough fuel and water for up to 6 days at sea and has excellent freezer capacity for carrying bait and storing fish on extended trips.
A highly recommended experience!
- From: 1-5 nights
- Depart: Port of Airlie 6am 1st day
- Return: 5pm approx, last day
- Cost: Enquire [max 4 passengers]
- Experienced crew – Captain and deckhand
- Quality fishing gear, bait and tackle, or bring your own
- Meals, snacks, bottled water, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Bedding, linen and towels
- The trip’s catch cleaned for you to enjoy
- Clothing for the duration of the trip, toiletries, sunglasses, hat and camera
- Alcoholic beverages (limits apply, cans preferred)