Go to where Whitsunday fishing is at its best…
The Great Barrier Reef!
This full day trip onboard our 40ft game boat caters for all types of fishing. From reef fishing for delicious coral trout, emperor, trevally and shark to sport fishing around the reef for pelagic species such as spanish mackerel, scaley mackerel, barracuda and tuna. We cast poppers and jig for the hard fighting, highly prized giant trevally, with many released over 40kg. And to top off the ultimate day, we can troll on return with light tackle for the elusive juvenile black marlin, sailfish, tuna or line burning spanish mackerel.
Travel time to the reef is approx 2 hrs. With a 6am departure, we steam past the islands to remote reefs, giving you the best opportunity of catching fish and ensuring a full day of fishing.
Being a private charter we can be flexible with the fishing options and focus totally on you. A great idea for work parties, incentives, a boys day or a family day out. Perfect for GT fanatics who want to pop all day! We will do our best to give you an awesome day at the reef.
- Depart: Port of Airlie, 6am
- Return: 5.30pm approx
- Cost: $2,900 [max 7 passengers]
- Experienced crew – Captain and deckhand
- Quality fishing gear, bait and tackle, or bring your own
- Lunch, snacks, bottled water, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- The day’s catch cleaned for you to enjoy
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and camera
- Alcoholic beverages (limits apply, cans preferred)